Sunday, February 7, 2016

#7HIGHLIGHTS of Royal Rumble 2016

7 - No Big Return

According to WWE's latest posts/tweets, I believe that big names like Stone Cold or Goldberg were thought in this years Royal Rumble match. You know this years Wrestlemania event takes place on Houston, Texas which means the home country of Stone Cold Steve Austin's. There are lots of injured wrestlers during this season So, WWE replaces the blank to Austin vs. Triple H or Roman Reigns. I think AT&T Stadium is the biggest stadium in the world. How can WWE fulfill the seats where there are no favourite superstars like Cesaro, Cena, Rollins, Sting, Orton, etc. I even thought Goldberg was one of the participants. Lesnar vs. Goldberg. Headline of Wrestlemania. WOW. Or Triple H vs. Steve Austin. These matches will sell-out this year's Wrestlemania. But how will they do that? I do not know. Time will show.

6- Sami Zayn

Speaking of big returns, Sami Zayn finally is in the main roster again? Due to injury in his debut match of RAW, Sami Zayn returns to action in live PPV. We know that Sami returned to NXT live events and TV tapings last shows but it is nice to see him again in WWE. So, it is the main roster call-up or is it like one time show? What do you think? I think that he is now in main roster. Like, the entrance is not made by NXT designs. He has original etrance video and stuff. It seems that Zayn and Owens feud will continue at RAW and Smackdown. But the argue that I face, he will also have got NXT title shot. I don't know how WWE manage this. We will learn at todays Monday Night Raw. Welcome back, Sami! 

5- KALISTO ON WINNING CHAMPIONSHIP

Oh, well congrats to Kalisto. He broke my anticipation of US Championship match and he is now our US champion. One think that I wish I didnt want to see that is the Yoshi Tonic move. I wish he could have done it. I like the serve of how the signature is sold. Ayway, he has tones of capacities and tones of move-set. Luckily, he deserves to be champ. And the look of Kalisto seems like Samuray Del Sol's look. Will he change his appearence slowly?

4- Last Man Standing Match

Appearantly, this match was totally spectacular. The moment, the feel was right . I never feel this electricity never before between these gentlemen. They totally deserved "This is awesome." chants. Normally, this stipulation was boring for me and it takes the show minutes to see crap things. But this combined match between extreme rules and last man standing was awesome. Owens and Ambrose are true superstars to put this match. Well deserved! Congrats Ambrose.

3 - Becky loses, Sasha backs

Today, we understand one more time that Charlotte is more better in heel character persona. Like in NXT, she was powerful, athletic and has charisma. Not every diva sells like her. But with her father it is not fair to do that. She can handle the handle the character by her own like in NXT. If you can do it, do it with flair. Not put your father like this. But today is different. I never see that fans coming way for Becky before. They chant for "The Lass-Kicker" Becky. Good for her. Thought that she was alone there. They chanted her more than Charlotte. Thanks to Mr. Flair, Charlotte once again beat her up with dirty player. I am not against the way. But it is time to see Becky more. She deserves it like Charlotte. But Paige was right. She is a little girl of Nature boy. One day, Becky has to be our Divas Champ. 

And "The Boss" is back. She has suffered injury last December. It is the first time we see in 2016. Let the Sasha's push begin! I think it will last this feud until Wrestlemania season is over. When Sasha attacks Becky, I thought that, Bayley comes and saves Becky but it didn't happen. And when she comes to eye with Charlotte the team of Charlotte and Sasha may have been reunited. But guess didnt happen too. She did what she has to do and attack Charlotte. But is it the end of Team B.A.D.? Sasha seems like that it is. It can be first individual feud for her. Welcome back, Sasha! Bring our title to home.

2- New WWE World Heavyweight Champion

OMG! Finally, WWE broke the odds and proud to say we have new champion. And Roman is no more WWE Champion. Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!  But with that Dean was the one who won the match. But that is not matter. Roman lost. 

To become serious, I closed the websites that can give me spoiler and wait for Royal Rumble event. I really did not expect that winning. I heard this one week ago but it didnt come to my mind. Congrats to creative team to throve us curve. It has been best Royal Rumble for more than 3 years. I really enjoyed while I was watching. But when Roman was back to ring, I really wanted to sign out WWE Network. Like it was happening one more devastating moment with spoiler. I remember the last years's rumble match and fans started the movement of cancel the network. Luckily, they do not lose fans. And why?

1- Welcome AJ Styles

We waited for a long time to see this moment. I really didnt expect to see him so early. He was the third participant. Really? Put him at least 19 but it doesn't matter. He is now in WWE. It seems like the rivalry between Styles and Owens began. And it looks like damn good. I will put every opponent against Styles. Like Triple H, Owens, Dolph, whoever you think. He deserves it. The first appearence of Styles against Roman, is not good. AJ couldnt lift Reigns while doing Calf-Killer. Overall he seems like he will compete with mid-carder superstars. And he used as a lower-card wrestler. He throwed so many times in his final minutes. He gets ready to fly with WWE family. Happy to see you again.


To finalize, I do not expect really this high quality in near feature at Royal Rumble PPV. Now I am really waiting for today's RAW. What is happening next? Wrestlemania is coming.

Overall: 9/10

The article was written in January 25th.

No comments:

Post a Comment